Livingston Academy of dance & Drama
An independent Performing Arts Hub offering classes in all theatre subjects for students aged 2 to adults. We offer training for either a career in dance,performing arts, teaching qualifications or simply as a great way to exercise and make new friends.
Dance, theatre & performing arts in Wednesbury
The principal of the school Debbie Morgan has recently taken over the school from her business partner of 33 years and has now opened the school as a performing arts hub attracting teachers of all genres.
Debbie is an ex-professional dancer, actor and choreographer on both stage and television involved in shows in the UK along with TV and theatre shows abroad. After working professionaly she has now been teaching for over 40 years. Former pupils are working all over the world for Disney, Ballet companies, Cruise ships, West Ends shows. No less than 23 ex-pupils either have their own dance schools or are teaching freelance in the UK and Europe.
Our professional, fully qualified teachers provide classes for ages 2 years and upwards. We also offer facilities such as private auditions should you wish to join our academy at a higher level.
You will advance through the grades, with either the opportunity to audition for full-time colleges or to continue with us to gain advanced and/or teaching diplomas.
Our Performance Hub:
- Provide a lively, attractive, stimulating and caring environment where each child can develop to his or her potential.
- Instil in the children a respect for themselves, their families, their school and for the beliefs and values of all peoples and ways of life.
- Provide broad, balanced and appropriate learning experiences which help and encourage children to think critically and creatively.
- Provide opportunities to raise children’s awareness and understanding of appropriate behaviour, attitudes and achievements.
- Lead the children gently towards independence.
My daughter loves to dance and has been coming here for the past 5 years. All staff are so kind and thoughtful and when my daughter couldn’t dance for a few weeks because of an operation she became Miss George’s assistant so she cud still be part of the family and not have to worry she was missing her dancing. Thank you so much for all your understanding we are truly grateful.
I was a member of Livingston Academy for over 10 years and learned all styles of dance there. The training and teaching I received were excellent and I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants to dance and perform.
I am now a teacher of dance within education and I owe Livingston a lot for making my hobby into a career.
Livingstone Academy has been a family to my daughter for the past 8 years. She has gained so much confidence with them and learned so much from ballet to tap dancing, lyrical, modern, Greek dancing, national dancing, street dancing and singing, and all at a very high standard. They put so much time and energy into the children, and it’s such a happy atmosphere there.
- Every child is different, they look and behave differently.
- Everyone develops at different times and in different ways.
- We don’t compare them with other children, they all deserve to grow as individuals and we are continually working towards this.
- Most importantly, we want all of our children to be happy and to get the best experience from what we have to offer.
Tips For A Happy Dance Session
- Our staff members are always willing to listen and help with any matters that may arise.
- Do not hesitate to make an appointment or telephone the principals during the day to speak to them. (Please do not telephone them at home after 9.00pm unless very urgent).
- We cannot put things right if we do not know about them.
- Do not listen to rumours or ‘cloakroom’ chat.
- Ask and we will help and explain.
- Every individual learns at different rates and in different ways, we value these differences.
Dates for your Diary
Term ends 17th July
I.S.T.D. & I.D.T.A. Examinations held during the week 18th July
Summer School 15th and 16th August
Play-scheme fun day Wednesday 3rd August
Open evening Sunday 4th September between 5.0-7.0
Classes commence Monday 5th Sept
Half Term 16th-30th October (2 weeks)
Central England Festival 5th,6th,12th,13th November.
End of Term Sunday 11th December
I.D.T.A. Examinations week commencing 12th December
Show 3rd-6th April 2023 at Prince of Wales Theatre Cannock