Livingston Academy of dance & Drama
Established in 1988, we are an independent school in Wednesbury providing dance, singing and drama classes for students aged 2 years upwards, in our well-equipped studios. The training you receive at our Academy can be used to establish a career in dance, theatre and performing arts or simply for a hobby and a great way to exercise and meet people.
Dance, theatre & performing arts in Wednesbury
The Principals of the school, Debbie Morgan and Georgina Rowley first trained together when they were 5 years old, and they have trained together ever since, forming a remarkable partnership. They have now danced professionally and taught for over 40 years.
Our professional, fully qualified teachers provide classes for ages 2 years and upwards. We also offer facilities such as private auditions should you wish to join our academy at a higher level.
You will advance through the grades, with either the opportunity to audition for full-time colleges or to continue with us to gain advanced and/or teaching diplomas.
Our Academy Aims to:
- Provide a lively, attractive, stimulating and caring environment where each child can develop to his or her potential.
- Instil in the children a respect for themselves, their families, their school and for the beliefs and values of all peoples and ways of life.
- Provide broad, balanced and appropriate learning experiences which help and encourage children to think critically and creatively.
- Provide opportunities to raise children’s awareness and understanding of appropriate behaviour, attitudes and achievements.
- Lead the children gently towards independence.
My daughter loves to dance and has been coming here for the past 5 years. All staff are so kind and thoughtful and when my daughter couldn’t dance for a few weeks because of an operation she became Miss George’s assistant so she cud still be part of the family and not have to worry she was missing her dancing. Thank you so much for all your understanding we are truly grateful.
I was a member of Livingston Academy for over 10 years and learned all styles of dance there. The training and teaching I received were excellent and I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants to dance and perform.
I am now a teacher of dance within education and I owe Livingston a lot for making my hobby into a career.
Livingstone Academy has been a family to my daughter for the past 8 years. She has gained so much confidence with them and learned so much from ballet to tap dancing, lyrical, modern, Greek dancing, national dancing, street dancing and singing, and all at a very high standard. They put so much time and energy into the children, and it’s such a happy atmosphere there.
- Every child is different, they look and behave differently.
- Everyone develops at different times and in different ways.
- We don’t compare them with other children, they all deserve to grow as individuals and we are continually working towards this.
- Most importantly, we want all of our children to be happy and to get the best experience from what we have to offer.
Tips For A Happy Dance Session
- Our staff members are always willing to listen and help with any matters that may arise.
- Do not hesitate to make an appointment or telephone the principals during the day to speak to them. (Please do not telephone them at home after 9.00pm unless very urgent).
- We cannot put things right if we do not know about them.
- Do not listen to rumours or ‘cloakroom’ chat.
- Ask and we will help and explain.
- Every individual learns at different rates and in different ways, we value these differences.
Dates for your Diary
- We are now back open with all COVID security rules in place.
- Pre booked show dates (COVID permitting): 26th – 29th July at Prince of Wales Theatre Cannock.
- Enrolment / Open evening Sunday 5th September 5:00-7:00pm
- End of term Saturday 24th July
- Central England Dance festival 23rd,24th October,6th,7th,November 2021 (new venue)